ORLANDO, Fla. – (Oct. 6, 2021) As North America’s premier location for safe in-person events, tradeshows and conventions, the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) is harnessing the momentum of past successes by launching its new campaign, Business Better than Usual with an inspiring video featuring OCCC employees and its safe and expansive 400-acre campus.
The OCCC has successfully welcomed 130 conventions, trade shows, meetings, consumer and sporting events from July 2020 through Oct. 1, 2021. While convention centers and facilities are just beginning to return to back to business, the OCCC is doing Business Better than Usual, through expert knowledge of hosting clean and safe events.
No other convention center in North America has hosted this number of events with a widely released three-prong strategy involving GBAC reaccreditation – the first convention center globally to achieve recertification last month, its Recovery and Resiliency Guidelines, a collaboration with Orange County Health Services and the Florida Department of Health, and concierge program with premier healthcare system, Orlando Health. This model is unique to the OCCC and is the key to the Center’s advanced booking pace and ability to host large-scale events. Many of these components supported the OCCC’s 2020-2021 fiscal year campaign, Meeting Safely Today for a Stronger Tomorrow, which ended on Sept. 30, 2021.
Looking ahead to next fiscal year, the Center is expecting to host 125 events, welcoming approximately 1.5 million attendees and $3.1 billion in economic impact from Oct. 1, 2021 to Sept. 30, 2022.
The top five ways the OCCC continues to address COVID-19 health and safety protocols include the following:
- Recovery and Resiliency Guidelines: Developed in consultation with Orange County’s Health Department and Florida Department of Health, these data-driven guidelines provide a framework to prevent risk and protect guests.
- Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR Reaccreditation:The OCCC established and maintains a comprehensive cleaning, disinfection and infectious diseases prevention program to control and minimize risk associated with infectious agents for employees, guests and the surrounding community. The OCCC is the first convention center globally to receive reaccreditation.
- Medical Concierge Program with Orlando Health and Visit Orlando: The first of its kind in the country, this provides personalized medical services and resources to all meetings and convention groups holding events at the OCCC.
- Regional Support:The Central Florida region is taking a measured and careful approach to reopening. The OCCC continues to work with Orange County Government and its tourism partners to protect and safeguard guests.
- Success Stories:Putting its plans into action, the OCCC has successfully hosted more than 130 conventions, trade shows, meetings, sporting, and consumer events since the onset of the pandemic. The measures taken by the OCCC and show organizers have proven to be successful and are a testament to how the OCCC is Doing Business Better than Usual.
# # #
About the Orange County Convention Center
The award-winning Orange County Convention Center provides approximately $3 billion in economic impact to Central Florida annually. In recent years, the Convention Center has averaged nearly 200 events, including 115 conventions and tradeshows that attract more than 1.5 million attendees to the region each year. For more information about the Orange County Convention Center, visit www.occc.net.